I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and therapist in New Jersey and New York. Having experience in the social work field prior to completing college, I have been doing this work for close to 20 years. I have been providing individual, group, couples, and family therapy to children, teens, and adults. I currently provide online therapy to people 18 and over. I am comfortable and have experience working with people of all faiths and cultures as well as being an LGBTQQIA (also known as "sexual minority") affirming therapist. In addition, I founded The SWEET Network, LLC (Supporting Women to Empower and Enhance Themselves) providing counseling and self-help tools to women for personal and professional growth.
My counseling style includes Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and mindfulness to help people make the connection between their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. CBT involves learning about the issues like depression or self-esteem and completing exercises to learn your current mindset and how to change it. Mindfulness is related and is about being aware of yourself and living in the present moment as well as being focused on positive goals. Using these two strategies helps you to stay focused and adds accountability to prevent you from slipping back into old habits. Clients leave sessions with clarity on who they are, what they want, and how to get it – stress-free. I also use other therapeutic strategies based on the client's needs.
Click here to see some feedback from a few of my clients.
Fordham University – Graduate School of Social Service
Ph.D. in Social Work (all but dissertation status) 2007
Fordham University - Graduate School of Social Service
Masters in Social Work 2001
City University of New York at York College
Bachelor of Science in Social Work 2000
Licenses and Certifications
- LCSW (NY) #083531-1 (Expires: 2021-05-31)
- LCSW (NJ) #44SC05669100 (Expires: 2020-08-31)
- Certificate Program in TeleMental Health and Digital Ethics, ZUR Institute
- Understanding Difficult & Aggressive Behaviors, INR Seminars
- Mental Health First Aid, Bronx Community College
- Motivational Interviewing as a Counseling Style, At Health, Inc.
- The Use of Writing as a Healing Technique, Social Work p.r.n.
- Suicide Risk Assessment and IDD, Trinitas Regional Medical Center
- Self-Injury, Eating Disorders, and Suicidality: Understanding Adolescent Self-Destructiveness, Fordham University
- Panelist and guest speaker at public schools and colleges
- Workshop and seminar facilitation